Jig Grinding and Jig Boring
Industrial Tool and Die, Inc. has the unique capability for an extremely high accuracy machining process called Jig Grinding and Jig Boring. Jig Grinding is a specialty process that allows us to grind complex geometrical shapes in our tools with extremely high precision and accuracy. Jig boring is a similar specialty machining process that allows toolmakers to produce precision holes on tools and dies with a high degree of positioning and size accuracy.
Both processes yield extremely high levels of machining accuracy of up to 0.0001" in feature position and 0.0001" in size. This level of precision allows the toolmaker to position hole and pin die systems almost perfectly to the reference surfaces and to the other interacting features. Likewise, the extremely smooth finishes obtained by Jig Boring are equally important to allow pin and hole die positioning systems to slide and otherwise interact flawlessly between the die halves over thousands of production cycles.
Over the past 42 years, we have worked hard to establish Industrial Tool and Die, Inc. as a high-end tool and die maker in Southern California. One of many steps toward attaining this goal was the development of skills and expertise to manufacture very high performance, precision tools for Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Commercial and Electrical Connector Industry customers. Developing and honing our precision diemaking skills with our Moore B18 #3 Jig Borer and Moore #3 Jig Grinders was critical in this process to help set us apart from other tool shops.
Please inquire about how Industrial Tool and Die, Inc. can best serve your industry by contacting us today. One of our helpful and friendly sales representatives will contact you immediately to discuss your upcoming tool and die projects.
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Jig Grinding and Jig Boring Capability Details
- Jig Grinder
- (1) #3 Moore Jig Grinder
- Jig Boring
- (1) B18 #3 Moore Jig Borer
- Certified Inspection Equipment
- (1) Jones & Lamson EPIC 114 Comparator
(4) Complete sets certified gauge blocks and plug gauges
(1) 12" Starret Digi-check height Gage with .00005 readout
(1) 20 Dial Calipers
(1) 1 Surface Plate – size 12 x 18
(1) 3 Surface Plates – size 24 x 36 (inspection grade A)
(1) 2 Vernier Calipers – 26" long
(1) 12 Sets 6" Calipers
(1) P1500 Tumico Optical Comparator – 14" screen
(1) McBain Toolmakers Scope 30, 50 and par
Several different sizes of Precision Digital Micrometers
Dial Hole Gauges .250 thru 10.0000
- We handle all tool and die materials including, but certainly not limited to:
- CR/HR Steel
- A2, S7, M2, H13, D2 4130, 4340 Tool Steels
- 300, 302, 304, 316, 15-4, 17-4 Stainless Steels
- CPM-110 and all Powder Metal (PM)
- GibbsCAM powerful CAD/CAM interface software allows for direct programming of our CNC Mills, Lathes, Wire EDM, Jig Grinders, Jig Borers, ID/OD Grinders and Surface Grinders.
This unique software is simple, but very flexible and effective in translating, creating, and modifying 3-D solid and surface models for toolmaking.
- CAD Files Accepted
- SolidWorks Files, Part, Assembly, Drawing, DXF, DWG, Adobe Photoshop Files, Adobe Illustrator Files, Lib Feat Part, Template, Parasolid, IGES, STEP AP203/214, ACIS, VDAFS, VRML, STL, Catia Graphics, ProE Part, ProE Assembly, UGII, Inventor Part, Inventor Assembly, Solid Edge Part, Solid Edge Assembly, CADKEY, IDF, Rhino Files
- Secondary Services
- Heat Treating
Call for information
Black Oxide Anodizing
- Industries Served
Back to Top