ID/OD Grinding and Surface Grinding
Industrial Tool and Die, Inc. has 42 years experience in the precision grinding of shafts, cylinders, cylindrical bores and flat surfaces using their high performance and fast ID/OD Grinder and surface grinding machines. Our shop is equipped with a Jones & Shipman ID/ OD Grinder with a 10" x 18" bed size.
This large format machine supports longer cylindrical parts than many centerless grinding machines, yet yields very close relationships between diameters. The result is extremely precise tooling components that Industrial Tool and Die, Inc employs to produce their niche of high end molds, tool, dies, jigs and fixtures.
ID/OD Grinders can grind diameters, shoulders, tapers, fillets, grooves, etc. on the inside or outside of cylindrical parts to tolerances of up to +/- 0.0005 and extremely fine finishes. This precision grinding and finishing capability allows Industrial Tool and Die, Inc. to manufacture very high performance, accurate tools for Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Commercial and Electrical Connector Industry customers.
Advanced surface grinding capabilities such as those found at Industrial Tool and Die, Inc. are crucial to a modern tool shop. Our 8 modern surface grinders can quickly remove material from even the hardest tools steels, producing extremely flat and precise surfaces meant for developing high-end mold and die parts and inserts that fit together perfectly. The better the parts of a tool fit, the higher quality the resulting part, and the closer to net final shape it is. Industrial Tool and Die, Inc.'s precision tools can produce intricate parts with little or no flash or other material to be removed in secondary operations. This keeps our customer's manufacturing and component costs to an absolute minimum.
Please inquire about how Industrial Tool and Die, Inc. can best serve your industry by contacting us today. One of our helpful and friendly sales representatives will contact you immediately to discuss your tool and die projects.
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
ID/OD Grinding and Surface Grinding Capability Details
- ID/OD Grinder
- (1) Jones & Shipman ID OD Grinder 10" x 18"
- Surface Grinders
- (6) Boyar Schultz Surface Grinders
(1) H612 Deluxe
(1) K.O. Lee 7/18 Surface Grinders
- To 0.00005"
- Down to 4 micro inch RMS
- Down to +/- 0.0001"
- Certified Inspection Equipment
- (1) Jones & Lamson EPIC 114 Comparator
(4) Complete sets certified gauge blocks and plug gauges
(1) 12" Starret Digi-check height Gage with .00005 readout
(1) 20 Dial Calipers
(1) 1 Surface Plate - size 12 x 18
(1) 3 Surface Plates - size 24 x 36 (inspection grade A)
(1) 2 Vernier Calipers - 26" long
(1) 12 Sets 6" Calipers
(1) P1500 Tumico Optical Comparator - 14" screen
(1) McBain Toolmakers Scope 30, 50 and par
Several different sizes of Precision Digital Micrometers
Dial Hole Gauges .250 thru 10.0000
- We handle all tool and die materials including, but certainly not limited to:
- CR/HR Steel
- A2, S7, M2, H13, D2 4130, 4340 Tool Steels
- 300, 302, 304, 316, 15-4, 17-4 Stainless Steels
- CPM-110 and all Powder Metal (PM)
- Secondary Services
- Heat Treating
Call for information
Black Oxide Anodizing
- CAD Files Accepted
- GibbsCAM powerful CAD/CAM interface software allows for direct programming of our CNC Mills, Lathes, Wire EDM, Jig Grinders, Jig Borers, ID/OD Grinders and Surface Grinders.
This unique software is simple, but very flexible and effective in translating, creating, and modifying 3-D solid and surface models for toolmaking.
- SolidWorks Files, Part, Assembly, Drawing, DXF, DWG, Adobe Photoshop Files, Adobe Illustrator Files, Lib Feat Part, Template, Parasolid, IGES, STEP AP203/214, ACIS, VDAFS, VRML, STL, Catia Graphics, ProE Part, ProE Assembly, UGII, Inventor Part, Inventor Assembly, Solid Edge Part, Solid Edge Assembly, CADKEY, IDF, Rhino Files
- Industries Served
Back to Top